Headlines from 2014 seem to prove their point. Consider:
- US and Russian relations have cooled to the point of a new Cold War over Moscow's perceived role in Ukraine's separatist conflict.
- The Islamic State (ISIL) terror group is still rampaging across the Mideast, kidnapping and torturing children. ISIL has now spilled into Lebanon, close to the Israeli border.
- The Ebola outbreak has spread to multiple West African countries, affecting tens of thousands. The possibility of it spreading further cannot be ruled out.
- Cyberwars are keeping the DHS up nights. Russia is the most likely suspect behind a destructive "Trojan Horse" malware program discovered in critical US software that makes what North Korea did to Sony look like child's play.
Not to mention: international unrest in various countries, the recent racial unrest right here at home, the massive security breach that is the US border, and the ever present threat of a nuclear Iran.
In 1948, the nation of Israel was born (again) and with it many Biblical prophecies were fulfilled, each graphic, literal, and exact.
In fact, the entire Scripture is woven through and through with provable, precise prophecy in regards to God's chosen people--the Jews. (For a detailed account of those prophecies, see archived posts from July 2011: Israel: The Key to Prophecy-Part 1 Part 2
The Scriptures seem to indicate the Jews will only be back in their Land for one generation (See Matthew 24) before the return of the Messiah.
Is it possible the Atomic Scientists are correct in setting The Clock @ 5 minutes before midnight - or are they just alarmists? You do the math.
"So be on your guard, not asleep like the others. Stay alert and be sober. Night is the time for sleep and the time when people get drunk. But let us who live in the light think clearly, protected by the body armor of faith and love, and wearing as our helmet the confidence of our salvation. For God decided to save us through our Lord Jesus Christ, not to pour out His anger on us. He died for us so that we can live with Him forever, whether we are dead or alive at the time of His return." (1Thess. 5:6-10)
A wise man once said: "Paul warns us that God will hold all people accountable for their attitudes and actions. So don't procrastinate. God wants us to act immediately to receive His forgiveness and power to help us change." -- David Stoop, author
- Reuters: East-West aerial confrontations heat up with Russia and China pitted against US and allied pilots on a scale not seen since Cold War Era
- AgenceFrance-Presse (AFP): Islamic State downs warplane over Syria, claims capture of Jordanian pilot
- Reuters: Japan fears North Korea cyberattack, works to secure infrastructure