In Ez.38:8, addressing the attacking armies, it says, "In the distant future you will swoop down on the land of Israel, which will be lying in peace after her recovery from war and after the return of her people from many lands."
Ez.38:11 says: "...Israel is an unprotected land filled with unwalled villages." And the prophecy specifically names Iran, Ethiopia, and Libya along with a "mighty army from the North." How come Syria is missing? And what about Lebanon? These nations are staunch enemies of Israel. Surely they'd jump at the chance to help annihilate the Jews...unless Israel had already taken them out.
So, according to Ez.38, we have:
- Israel living in peace
- after her recovery from war
- unprotected and without walls
- attacked by "a mighty hoard" that doesn't include her unfriendly neighbors
These facts seem to indicate Psalm 83 is first and probably sets the stage for the fulfillment of Ez.38
A wise man once said: "The only certain barrier to truth is the presumption you already have it."
Homework: study Psalm 83 and Ezekiel 38 & 39 with an open mind and pray for the peace of Jerusalem (Psalm 122:6).
- Washington Monument closed indefinitely due to earthquake damage
- Hurricane Irene claims 41 lives while packing less punch than touted.