The cracks in the global economy alone are already so wide it would require Herculean efforts to fix it. Unfortunately Super Heroes are in short supply these days. All we have are leaders who are more interested in avoiding blame than in solving problems.
In almost every industrialized nation in the world the story is the same: We are swimming in debt! Household debt, corporate debt, and government debt.
As far as the eye can see.
So what do we do about it?
Keep spending, of course.
Thursday (June 28), the American Supreme Court upheld what might very well be the last straw to the U.S. economic camel: The Affordable Care Act.
Hate to sound like alarmists, but somebody's got to sound the alarm: This healthcare plan can destroy the foundation of the American free enterprise system all by itself. But it isn't all by itself now, is it?
- a very serious global financial downturn caused by taxes that are too high, too many entitlement programs, too much regulation, and (our personal favorite), too much debt.
- the aftermath of two wars
- a whole generation of retiring baby boomers
All of these have sent shock waves through our economy, but it is hard to imagine anything that would more adversely affect it than to nationalize our healthcare system.
Can the government do anything more efficiently, less complicated or cheaper than the private sector? Ask the DMV, Social Security, Medicare, and the Post Office--all government-run disasters waiting to happen.
The Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) will add a whopping $1.15 TRILLION to the National debt. Sixty-eight percent of us don't want it, and it will impose one of the largest tax increases in American history--$500 BILLION!
According to the Congressional Budget Office, it could cause 20 MILLION private sector employees to lose their healthcare coverage and actually cost lives.
In England, studies show that the British National Health System kills off 130,000 elderly patients every year by withholding treatment. And up to 20,000 people have died after being denied cancer drugs.
David Cohen of The Daily Caller says, "Obamacare is one of the worst pieces of legislation ever enacted. Its 2,700 unreadable pages are bursting with unintended consequences that will ultimately do great harm to the very people it is supposedly intended to help and the rest of us as well."
The Affordable Care Act is anything but affordable. We need to get this thing turned around--or we are headed for disaster in more ways than one.
A wise man once said: "It's not the court's job to shelter the American people from their political choices."- Chief Justice John Roberts when he voted to uphold Obamacare.
- World Net Daily: Obamacare Ruling Sparks Broad Stock Sell-off
- The Blaze.com: "The Koran Is Our Constitution": Egyptian President promises to ignore constitution for the sake of Sharia
- CBN News: Palestinians want Bethlehem as "Heritage Site"
- Jerusalem Post: Turkey Deploys Military Vehicles On Syrian Border
- Debka File: Putin to Israel: Iran won't get a nuclear bomb, no need for an Israeli strike.
- Fox News: U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder held in Contempt of Congress for refusing to hand over documents in Fast and Furious case.