Meanwhile, our old pal Khomeini vowed (yet again) to wipe Israel off the map.Israel, not one to take threats lying down, is hinting at a pre-emptive strike. For instance, The Jerusalem Post ran a provocative headline in Tuesday's edition:
"Cornered, but unbound by nuclear pact, Israel reconsiders military action against Iran."
And then Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in an interview on ABC's This Week:
"Israel will always reserve the right to defend itself against any threat with its own power."And in regards to the failed nuclear agreement? Netanyahu said that "no nuclear deal with Iran is preferable to a bad deal that will endanger Israel, the Middle East and the entire world." Link to Reuters News article.
Beginning with the restoration of the nation of Israel in 1948 (prophesied in Ez. 37:21), a chain of events has been set in motion in the Middle East. Since that time, with little or no fanfare, the world has been quietly lining-up to fulfill the rest of Bible prophecy through:
- technological advances
- the Arab Spring/ Middle East power re-alignment
- a weakening US
- resuscitation of Russia / Cold War
- increased global anti-Semitism
- renewed fervor to build a 3rd Jewish temple on the Temple Mount (which the Bible clearly indicates will be standing during the Tribulation period: 2nd Thess. 2:1-17, Matt. 24:15, Dan. 9:27, Rev. 11:1-2).
The Bible makes it clear that Iran will join forces with Russia and attack Israel (Ez. 38 & 39). Keep in mind that up until recently, a military alliance between Iran and Russia seemed impossible because they've been enemies for 2,500 years.
What the Bible doesn't say is what triggers the attack.
Could the threat of a pre-emptive strike by Israel on Iran boomerang?
"A long time from now you will be called into action. In the distant future you will swoop down on the land of Israel, which will be lying in peace after her recovery from war and after the return of her people from many lands. You and all your allies--a vast and awesome horde--will roll down on them like a storm and cover the land like a cloud" --Ez. 38:8-9.A wise man once said: "There are few countries which have played so central a role in world history as the Land of Israel" -- David Ben Gurion, the first Prime Minister of the Jewish State
- Reuters: Russia's "militarization" of Crimea means Moscow exerts influence over entire Black Sea region says USAF general
- Bloomberg News: Jobless claims in US increase; sign labor market has cooled.
- The Washington Post: Millions of illegal aliens now eligible for Social Security / Medicare