In his hot-off-the-press, brand-spanking-new book, Lights Out, investigative reporter Ted Koppel lays out just such a scenario.
Only according to Ted, it isn't just a scenario.
"A major cyberattack on America's power grid is not only possible, but likely."
The devastation would include:
- no running water
- no sewage
- no refrigeration or lights
- a lack of food/medical supplies
- no banks
- widespread looting and deteriorating law and order
"A well-designed attack on just one of the nation's three electric power grids could cripple much of our infrastructure", says Koppel.
"And in the age of cyber-warfare, a laptop has become the only necessary weapon."
"Several nations hostile to the United States could launch such an assault at any time," he said.
"In fact, China and Russia have already penetrated the grid," according to a former Chief Scientist of the NSA. "They can take us down with a keystroke."
And then there's the independent actors like 'hacktivists' (not to mention terrorists!) that have the capability as well.
"It's not a question of if," says CentCom Commander General Lloyd Austin, "it's a question of when."
And yet, (surprise, surprise) the federal government HAS NO PLAN (unless you consider Homeland Security's warning to 'have xtra batteries and a transistor radio a 'plan').
"The United States is shockingly unprepared," Koppel laments.
"While well-prepared for natural disasters, (the government) has no plan for the aftermath of an attack on the power grid," he said, and wonders how (or if) "the civilian population will survive."
Koppel's advice? "Take matters into your own hands. Prepare now for a catastrophe that is all but inevitable."
A wise man once said: "I personally believe that the reason the U.S. is not mentioned in end time prophecy is because we will suddenly cease to be a world power and will therefore play no significant role in end time events." -- Dr. David R. Reagan
"This is what the LORD says: 'Look! I am preparing a disaster for you and devising a plan against you. So turn from your evil ways, each one of you, and reform your ways and your actions. ' But they will reply, 'It's no use. We will continue with our own plans; we will follow the stubbornness of our evil hearts." Jeremiah 18:11-12
"A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences." Proverbs 22:3News:
- The Guardian: "Beijing 'Not Frightened To Fight A War' After U.S. Deploys Warship To South China Sea; Accuses U.S. of "Sowing Chaos."
- DEBKAfile: Tehran helping Damascus "Confront U.S., Israeli enemies," says Deputy Commander of Iranian Revolutionary Guard; Meanwhile, Iran to send 'fleet of warships' to Atlantic Ocean.
- Breitbart: Texas Public School Apologizes For Pushing Atheism On Children In 'Critical Thinking Exercise'; teacher tells class "God is only a myth."