"You may think occultists live on the margins of society, but you likely know someone who is dabbling in spiritualism, the New Age, or Eastern mysticism.
The occult, once an underground 'religion' is in the process of going mainstream.
The target? Our children.
In fact, many of us have children or grandchildren with a skeleton in their closet even now. Literally.
Ever hear of 'Monster High'? You know, that fashionable little ghoul the children are wearing. The ones sporting all the cute lil skulls.
Along with the 'Monster High' clothing line, the franchise also markets a fascination with the dark side through:
- TV specials (in which all the characters look like zombies)
- a web series
- DVD movies & video games
- fashion dolls (complete with fangs!)
- and a book series (depicting the offspring of famous monsters)
All designed to convince our little ones that "Freaky just got fabulous!"
Not to be outdone, rival toy company 'MGA Entertainment' released a witch-themed line of dolls known as 'Bratzilla', while 'Playhut' brand toys countered with the 'Mystixx Vampire' dolls.
And it's not just the little tykes who are being seduced. Google teen 'vampire fiction' and you'll get 13.8 million results. Do the same for 'occult-themed TV shows' and 53.4 million hits pop up. And when it comes to movies...forget it.
Innocent fun? Or an early indoctrination into spiritualism and the occult?
The Bible predicts people will turn away from Christianity and become interested in the occult in the end times.
"The Spirit clearly says that in the last times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons." (1 Timothy 4:1)
This Halloween let's not be tricked. Our adversary, the devil, is looking for a little treat to devour.
A wise man once said: "Kids are smart, but they're not wise. Parents need to get involved and steer them in the right direction." -- Dennis Miller, host of the Dennis Miller radio show
"And do not let your people practice fortunetelling or sorcery, or allow them to interpret omens, or engage in witchcraft, or cast spells, or function as mediums or psychics, or call forth the spirits of the dead. Anyone who does these things is an object of horror and disgust to the LORD." (Deuteronomy 18:10-12)News:
- CBN News: Canadian Parliament Shooter a New Convert to Islam tells other operatives to strike whenever the opportunity presents itself; NY Congressman: "Nobody should feel safe."
- Politico: FBI warns media: Journalists 'desireable targets' for ISIL.
- MSN Money: Sears to close stores, layoff about 5,500 employees
- NY Times: NYC doctor test positive for Ebola after returning from West Africa