"This is not just Ukraine, Russia and the US. You have the Middle East going crazy. Gaza is starting up again with Israel. You go over to Asia and you have civil unrest in Thailand, and the overwhelming part of the population in China wants to go to war with Japan as payback."Armstrong believes the global unrest is a byproduct of the global economic downturn. "Both of these cycles are converging at the same time," he says.
Eric Barger of Take A Stand! Ministries also sees a convergence taking place. "A convergence of multiple prophetic signs." Barger in a message @ CCOD lists 10 reasons why Jesus is coming soon:
- Widespread deception (spiritual, political, business, etc. Matthew 24:4) and apostasy in the church with false teachers (1Thess. 2:3-4, 1Tim. 4:1-2)
- Worldwide unrest (Luke 21:10)
- Changing weather patterns (Luke 21:25-26)
- Persecution of Christians, with an estimated 146,000 martyred this year alone (and that's before ISIS!) (Mark 13:9)
- Advancing evil (abortion, homosexuality, and unbridled lust which has become "normal" in our society (2Tim. 3:1-9)
- Lawlessness (2Thess. 2:7)
- Signs and lying wonders (with an explosion of the occult becoming mainstream (2Thess. 2:9)
- Increase in knowledge (especially in regards to understanding of Bible prophecy (Daniel 12)
- Apathy--people and most of the church are willfully ignorant when it comes to Bible prophecy. Don't know, don't care. (Matthew 24:38)
- Increase in scoffers (2 Peter 3:3-8) Those who mock the coming of Christ.
The sheer volume of all these events happening all at once in the generation that witnessed the rebirth of Israel in 1948 (which in itself is a super-sign) is a warning that we need to be ready.
"For the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people. And we are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. We should live in this evil world with self-control, right conduct, and devotion to God, while we look forward to that wonderful event when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed. He gave His life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us His very own people, totally committed to doing what is right" (Titus 2:11-14).
A wise man once said: "The proper response to God's grace is right conduct." -- Steve Arterburn, author
- Reuters: US pledges 3,000 troops to fight West Africa's Ebola crisis; health experts say 'not enough to contain epidemic.'
- FNC: US Congress approves arming Syrian rebels to battle ISIS; despite rebel group's pledge of allegiance to al-Qaeda.
- USA Today: 13 years after 9/11, terror threat undiminished. ISIS now as big a threat as al-Qaeda ever was