What have they done this time? The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis!
"The same political slurs and conspiracy theories that critics have used against President Obama are now being deployed against Pope Francis. One critic even says the two leaders have morphed into a sinister figure he calls 'Popama', " Blake laments.
And that ain't all folks...
"Conservative concerns over Pope Francis appear to be growing. A Gallup poll this summer showed that Pope Francis' support among American conservatives fell from 72% last year to 45% in July."
Blake cites three ways the Pope is being 'Obamified':
- He's a stealth socialist (Why? Just because he hates capitalism?)
- He's the Antichrist (we haven't heard that one--but apparently if you Google the phrase "Is Pope Francis Antichrist" you'll get 440,000 hits. Yikes!)
- He's on an 'Apology Tour' ( ala Obana?)
"Just like President Obama loved apologizing for America, Pope Francis likes to apologize for the Catholic Church," says Fox News.com editor Adam Shaw.
Shaw contends the Pope believes "the church is at its best when it is passive and not offending any one's sensibilities."
According to the CNN piece, "Some have even suggested that Pope Francis' allegiance to the Catholic Church is so shaky that he has an Islamic agenda--an accusation similar to one directed at Obama." (Now that one takes the baklava! So he invited an imam to the Vatican to recite Muslim prayers and Quran readings--how is that Islamic?)
So, is the Pope being 'Obamified'?
Didn't see any ring kisses--but he did get an unprecedented welcome from (his BFF?) the President.
The First Family travelled all the way to Joint Base Andrews outside Washington to greet the pontiff on the tarmac, a rare (read: NEVER!) occurrence, a day ahead of Wednesday's official welcome at the White House.
Popemania--maybe. But Obamified? Seriously?
A wise man once said: "If Pope Francis embraces the Climate Change agenda (along with President Obama), he will be aligning himself with enemies of the Church and moral principles." -- Marc Morano, Senate Environment Committee
"After this, I heard the sound of a vast crowd in heaven shouting, "Hallelujah! Salvation is from our God. Glory and power belong to Him alone." (Revelation 19:1)
- Washington Examiner: White House Compares Obama to Pope Francis; "the values that both men live out have common ground," says W.H. spokesman
- Bloomberg Business: Pope Visit opportunity for President to showcase Pope's support for issues like income inequality, immigration, and climate change.
- Time: Pope Francis Blurs Political Lines in White House Speech; takes hard stance on climate change, "It represents one of the principal challenges of our time," he said.