This week President Obama kicked-off his new talking points venture with a rousing speech designed to...what? Bore us silly?
Talk about your summer reruns.
For most of 2012 (and 2008, for that matter) we heard (over and over and over again) how he was going to fix everything via:
- job creation
- repairing our aging infrastructure
- giving us affordable healthcare
- reforming immigration
- (and our personal favorite) end climate change
So what's the hold up?
"Washington has taken its eye off the ball," the President said.
Huh? But we thought he was Washington...ohhhhh...he means the Republicans. With all due respect, Mr. O, we've heard that song before: The Blame Game.
Here we are five years in and what have we got?
- a healthcare bill so poorly written and packed with problems and loopholes, even its champions no longer want it
- one out of every four Americans on some sort of government assistance
- an unemployment number that isn't projected to hit 2007 levels for another 11 months (if all goes well)
- five years worth of quantitative easings, a "last resort" that goes on and on, putting our economy at greater and greater risk of eventual sky-high inflation rates
So, what's the President's plan?
Give more speeches! No kidding. He pledged to spend the next several weeks touring the country, telling us how there's no way:
"I will allow gridlock, inaction, or willful indifference to get in our way."
Okay, so how does that create jobs? Isn't he wasting time telling us how he's not gonna be wasting time? Or as Republican National Committee Communications Director Sean Spice tweeted, "More jobs will be created thru the announcement of the royal baby than thru the latest version of this speech."
Or could it be he's trying to butter us up for the coming debt ceiling debates and possible government shutdown this fall just before the midterm elections?
Obamanomics (which means: Big Government + Big Spending = Big Taxes) may make for a good speech, but a good economy? Not so much.
A wise man once said: "Politics is perhaps the only profession for which no preparation is thought necessary." -- Robert Louis Stevenson
"Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody" (Romans 12:17).
- CNBC: IRS, in charge of Obamacare, asks to be exempt from it
- USA Watchdog: Former President Jimmy Carter said last week: "The U.S. has no functioning democracy at this moment."
- NBC: Kansas slammed with baseball-sized hail in several counties
- Breitbart: Christian military chaplain censored for writing an article with the title "No Atheists in Foxholes." Atheists call for punishment.
- Times of Israel: Israel's Deputy Foreign Minister says PM Benjemen Netanyahu preparing to give away 86% of West Bank to create sovereign Palestinian state.