If you're thinking nuclear war, pandemics, or natural disasters, we'd say, "close, but no cigar."
Scripture is replete with warnings, but one looms larger than all the rest: deception.
The Bible says Satan is the god of this world and calls him the "father of lies." Spending his time whispering his heresies into the ears of unsuspecting people, Satan loves to deceive, kill, and destroy. Let's face it, gang, there's a war going on, an invisible, cosmic contest for the souls of men.
God wants you in heaven. Satan wants you in hell. It really is as simple as that.
Because Lucifer is an 'angel of light', he's an expert at making good look evil and evil look good. He hates God and God's people and is working overtime to make sure the world does too. A recent Gallop Poll shows that a majority of Americans would rather live next door to a terrorist than a Christian.
Actually, we shouldn't be surprised.
Jesus warned us. He said, "When the world hates you, remember it hated Me before it hated you. The world would love you if you belonged to it, but you don't. I chose you to come out of the world, and so it hates you...the people of the world will hate you because you belong to Me, for they don't know God who sent Me. (John 15:18).
1 John 2:11 says: "Anyone who hates a Christian is living and walking in darkness. Such a person is lost, having been blinded by the darkness." In other words, being a Christian will not win you any popularity contests with unbelievers because "the sinful nature is always hostile to God. (Romans 8:7).
To make matters even worse, Satan and his minions have wormed their way into the church! False teachers abound. 2 Peter 2:2 says, "Many will follow their evil teachings and shameful immorality. And because of them, Christ and His true way will be slandered."
1 Timothy 4:1 says, "Now the Holy Spirit tells us clearly that in the last times some will turn away from what we believe; they will follow lying spirits and teachings that come from demons. These teachers are hypocrites and liars. They pretend to be religious, but their consciences are dead."
Looks pretty bleak, doesn't it? Just remember this: We have a secret weapon that sends the enemy trembling in fear--the Holy Spirit.
The Bible says, "Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; in stead, rebuke and expose them." (Ephesians 5:11).
This is exactly what we intend to do...stay tuned.
- US and world stock markets soar on news of European debt fix
- Study: Japan nuclear radiation levels higher than estimated
- Google reports 70% increase of requests by US gov't. to take down videos from Internet that contain gov't. criticism
- Vatican calls for a World central bank run by UN. Also calls for world gov't. and end to national sovereignty
- BP Oil given approval to resume deepwater drilling in Gulf of Mexico
- President of Mexico asks US to stop deporting criminals back to Mexico saying it fuels violence on the border
- On Halloween the US national debt will surpass the GDP. (translation: The Fed will owe more than what is produced all year long by Americans.) Trick-or-treat!