Theil has made billions investing in technology, but his $1.25 million donation to Donald Trump has made him a pariah.
In the Silicon Valley, the once celebrated Theil is now being ostracized by his peers--shunned in an area where Trump support is the equivalent of social suicide. Theil doesn't care.
While Trump is far from the perfect candidate, concedes Theil, he represents a new path: Making America normal again.
"Just as much as it's about making America great, Trump's agenda is about making America a normal country," Theil said. "A normal country doesn't have a half-trillion dollar trade deficit. A normal country doesn't fight five simultaneous, undeclared wars. In a normal country, the government actually does its job."
Theil believes Trump will remake the Republican Party and spark new American politics that overcomes denial, rejects bubble thinking, and reckons with reality.
"When the distracting spectacles of this election season are forgotten and the history of our times is written, the only important question will be whether or not that new politics came too late."
"It's not a lack of judgment that leads Americans to vote for Trump; we're voting for Trump because we judge the leadership of our country to have failed."
A wise man once said: "When a society rebels against God, absurdity rules." --Tim Wildmon, American Family Association President
"Always be joyful. Keep on praying. No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." 1Thessalonians 5:16"A Christian who refuses to vote for Trump because they can't look beyond the candidate to the Republican Platform is voting against:
- A child's right to life
- Constitutional Supreme Court Justices who uphold God's definition of marriage
- Defense of Israel
- 2nd Amendment and God-given rights of self-defense
- Religious liberty
Listen to this message and vote biblically: What is the Christian Vote? by Pastor Jack Hibbs, Calvary Chapel Chino Hills (note: you must click on "Listen" to start)
- World Net Daily: Trump V.P. pick, Mike Pence, calls nation to prayer and repentance.
- CBN: Pastor Saeed Abedini says Trump gave his family $10,000 while he was imprisoned in Iran; urges Christians to vote for Trump.
- Fox News Channel: Sources say investigation into Clinton Foundation has taken a "very high priority" that may result in an indictment.