Our job? Heal the Great Divide.
Let's face it, gang, this election cycle has been brutal. It has turned Americans against each other to a degree not seen in recent history. People are at each others throats--from the #NotMyPresident crowd taking to the streets, to the Trump Train gloaters--things have gotten down right ugly.
CBN News cited a recent Reuters/IPSOS survey indicating the election has caused:
- 15% to stop speaking to a family member or close friend
- 14% to block a family member or close friend from social media
We call this the "Trump Effect"--you're either with him (meaning the conservative platform) or against him.
CBN News spoke with Anne Graham Lotz (Billy Graham's daughter) about what Christians can do to help heal the divide.
"I think the most critical thing that God's people can do is pray. Two is to repent of our sin and three is to keep our focus on God," she said. "God is the One who will bring healing. It's not a political party or one particular person. Our faith has to be in God."
Lotz went on to say, "Prayer made the difference in the election, particularly among white, born-again evangelicals, who voted 81% for Trump, not to mention the countless churches across the nation that committed to praying for the election."
"I see what happened in this election as being a tremendous movement of God in answer to prayer."
Her challenge to God's people? Don't stop now.
A wise woman once said: "When God's people will pray with a humble heart, repenting of our sins, then God promises He will hear our prayers, He will forgive our sin and the third element is that He will heal our land." --Anne Graham Lotz
"Jesus said, 'Whoever is not with Me is against Me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.'" --Matthew 12:30News:
- Daily Mail: Anti-Trump protests turn violent amid nationwide demonstrations involving tens of thousands
- Breitbart: Anti-Trump rioters vandalize monuments with "DIE WHITES DIE" graffiti and break windows in downtown New Orleans.
- The Daily Caller: Twitter Erupts With Calls For Donald Trump To Be Assassinated; while others call on Secret Service to investigate threats.