On Wednesday, "Russia stunned the U.S. by giving it just a one-hour heads-up that it was going to pummel ISIS targets," according to CNN's Holly Yan.
The problem? Analysts say Russia is not pounding ISIS targets. In fact, they're no where near ISIS targets.
Instead, the Russian air strikes appear to be aimed at Syrian rebels and civilian dissidents, the very people the U.S. has been trying to help!
To make matters worse: "Lots of military jets from different countries flying in cramped airspace could be disastrous," said CNN military analyst, Rick Francona.
"This is going to get very dangerous," Francona warned. "Right now you've got the aircraft of the Syrian Air Force, the Russian Air Force and the U.S.-led coalition operating in a very confined area."
"These are high-performance aircraft--lots of weapons, lots of people on edge when they're flying these missions."
Francona cautioned, "Any mistake could result in an incident with fatalities on somebody's side."
The U.S. intelligence community has been caught flat-footed and are now scrambling to figure out Moscow's real motives.
"Ultimately, Russia's intervention is a game-changer in Syria (and the entire Middle East), the Institute for the Study of War says.
"It will alter the nature of international negotiations, compromise and weaken the cohesion and efforts of the U.S.-led anti-ISIS coalition and strengthen the Assad regime."
Meanwhile, the Daily Mail.com is reporting:
- Putin has conscripted 150,000 new troops into the Russian Army
- Hundreds of Iranian troops have arrived in Syria over the last ten days, and the
- alliance is set to launch a ground offensive in Syria
Any student of Bible prophecy has to have Ezekiel 38 in mind right now because even though Israel is across the border, the players are the same.
A wise man once said: "The stage is being set for Ezekiel 37-38. However, I believe Isaiah 17:1-2 (the destruction of Damascus) could be on CNN next! Stay tuned everybody." -- Jack Hibbs, Senior Pastor Calvary Chapel Chino Hills
"Then He gave them this illustration: 'Notice the fig tree, or any other tree. When the leaves come out, you know without being told that summer is near. Just so, when you see the events I've described taking place, you can be sure that the Kingdom of God is near. I assure you, this generation will not pass from the scene until all these events have taken place." Luke 21:29-32News:
- Fox News Channel: Gen. Petraeus calls meltdown in Syria. "Geopolitical Chernobyl" that will be felt for generations.
- New York Post: 10-13 Killed, at least 7 Wounded in College Shooting. Oregon gunmen singled-out Christians during rampage.
- DEBKA file: Netanyahu sounds alarm over growing Iranian threat; accused Iran of an aggressive build-up of weapon and terrorism.
- Associated Press: U.S. warns Russia against striking non-ISIS groups in Syria; development would cause U.S. "grave concern," says Kerry.