But let's face it gang, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that not everyone who claims to know Jesus really does.
For instance, how many "Christians" do you know who rarely:
- read the Bible
- attend church
- fellowship with other believers
While engaging in these activities will not save people, saved people engage in these activities.
- Jesus is the Word made flesh. If we don't know the Word (Scripture), we can't really know Jesus.
- We are not to forsake the gathering together (or going to church)--Hebrews 10:37. We are God's family. His desire is for a close-knit church family that gathers together regularly.
- We fellowship with other believers for the same reason. (Birds of a feather flock together. If we have no Christian friends maybe we're not part of the flock!).
Just before Christ returns for His Bride (the people who love Him), we are told to expect a mass apostasy, or falling away from the faith.
"And now, brothers and sisters, let us tell you about the coming again of our Lord Jesus Christ and how we will be gathered together to meet Him (2 Thes. 2:1).
"For that Day will not come until there is a great rebellion (or falling away) against God...(2 Thes. 2:3).Rebellion against God is rampant today. The church is full of false teaching and counterfeit believers.
Jesus said He would allow the wheat (genuine believers) and the tares (counterfeit believers) to grow together until the harvest (or judgment)(Matthew 13:30).
How do we recognize counterfeit teaching? The same way a bank teller recognizes a counterfeit bill: By being so familiar with the Truth that a counterfeit stands out like a sore thumb.
That requires study, people.
"Study (not just read the Scriptures) to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that has nothing to be ashamed of, rightly dividing the word of truth" (2 Tim. 2:15).A wise man once said: "The imagery and symbolism of marriage is applied to Christ and the body of faithful believers who love and obey Him. As followers of Jesus Christ, we who are the bride of Christ wait eagerly or with 'outstretched necks' for His return. If this does not describe you...repent and return to your first love" (Revelation 2:5).--Anonymous
- Yahoo! News: Magma rising in Washington State's Mount St. Helen's volcano says the USGS; not likely to erupt
- Associated Press: "Russia now an adversary," says NATO official. "Clearly the Russians have declared NATO an adversary."
- DEBKAfile: Western sanction send Russia into recession