But don't count on it any time soon.
The President finally addressed the issue on Monday, describing the catastrophic ObamaCare roll-out as "unacceptable", with a few "glitches" and "hiccups".
Glitches and hiccups? That's like saying the Titanic had a leak!
This crippled website cost taxpayers $400 million ( a new study claims the true cost is closer to $1 billion), took 3 years to design, and is virtually non-functional. Even the toll-free enrollment phone number the President pushed as an alternative to the website didn't work. If you managed to get through--all it did was refer you back to the website!
"It's been a fiasco. Send Air Force One out to the Silicon Valley, load it up with smart people, bring them back to Washington and fix this problem," said Senator John McCain (R-AZ).
The really disturbing thing is this: Everybody seemed to know it wasn't ready for prime time except the President.
According to Breitbart News, CGI, the Canadian firm whose U.S. subsidiary built the website, has a long history of epic failures in Canada. Sun News, out of Canada says, "CGI is well-known for website crashes, software glitches, delays, budgetary overruns, project mismanagement, cancelled contracts, and even managerial corruption."
Sounds like a track record that would scare the daylights out of most--but not the U.S. government. They probably felt they'd met their match.
CBS News political director John Dickerson contends the roll out catastrophe means President Obama is headed towards a "credibility death spiral".
It's worse than that. The nation as a whole is headed toward a credibility death spiral. The ObamaCare 'failure to launch' debacle is only the latest in a series of policies that seem designed to fail:
- The U.S. is printing $1 trillion a year, knowing it will weaken the dollar
- The U.S. has scaled back its military, knowing Russia has announced a huge nuclear build up
- The U.S. is rolling back sanctions against Iran while dropping the ball in Syria, knowing it weakens our influence in the region and endangers Israel
The list of foolish policies goes on and on...
Why? Are we really that dysfunctional or is the Land of the Free reaping the consequences of kicking God out of our public life?
America, the world's only super power, is not mentioned in the Biblical end times scenario while most other major players are.
You gotta wonder why.
Our absence speaks volumes.
"Only fools say in their hearts, 'There is no God.' They are corrupt, and their actions are evil..."
A wise man once said: " The president spoke regarding the ObamaCare website glitches. He said he's bringing in 'the best and the brightest' to solve the problem. Why didn't he bring in the best and the brightest in the first place? See, this is typical Washington. They only bring in the best and the brightest as a last resort." -- Jay Leno
- DEBKAfile: Russia and Iran expanding military cooperation and arms trade; Russian technology will upgrade Iran's military to unprecedented levels and challenge America's military status in the region.
- CNBC: Former Xerox exec: No way to fix ObamaCare website anytime soon
- The Guardian: NSA monitored calls of 35 world leaders, adding to mounting diplomatic tensions between U.S. and its allies