Is that it?
Nope. First he apologized. Our guys get murdered and his initial reaction is to sympathize with those who waged the attacks.
How about we stop sending them financial aid to the tune of billions of dollars we don't have?
Secretary Hillary Clinton: "I ask myself, how could this happen? How could this happen in a country we helped liberate, in a city we helped save from destruction?"
Get a clue, Sherlock.
It happened because we are seen as the world's doormat. Why do we keep trying to be friends with people who hate us? And why on earth do we keep sending aid (while our own country must borrow $50,000 each second to keep above water) to nations with no American loyalties? Appeasement never works. These people see us as weaklings. Have we learned nothing from Jimmy Carter? There is a major transformation underway in the Middle East. They are becoming increasingly radicalized--and the U.S. is funding it!
Israel is in fear for its life. It is a tiny beacon of democracy in a sea of hostility.They don't have the same military capabilities the U.S. has. Past a certain point, they will be unable to stop Iran's nuclear program. The problem is the U.S. keeps telling Israel to wait, but will not promise to help if they do. Israel cannot afford to wait without a definite commitment from the United States to take care of Iran. Why should they have to beg for help? Instead of help, Israel is getting the cold shoulder. Netanyahu asked to meet with Obama--and waited and waited and waited. The U.S.-Israeli disagreement on how to approach Iran over the nukes exploded into the open on Tuesday. Clinton made a statement that the U.S. will not set deadlines for Iran. Netanyahu responded: "The world tells Israel 'wait, there's still time'. And I say, 'Wait for what? Wait until when?' Those in the international community who refuse to put red lines before Iran don't have a moral right to place a red light before Israel."
Apparently, that hit a nerve because word came shortly after that Obama couldn't fit Netanyahu into his schedule! Israel wants to talk to Obama about war with Iran, but Obama's too busy talking golf with David Letterman.
The Wall Street Journal summed it up this way: White House to Israel: "You're on your own, pal."
Remember Genesis 12:3? God promises to bless those who bless Israel and curse those who curse Israel. Did Tuesday's terror attack on the two embassies have anything to do with Tuesday's blow-off of Israel?
Don't know, just asking...but it is kinda coincidental, don't you think?
Now the Lord had said to Abram:
"Get out of your country,
From your family
And from your father's house,
To a land that I will show you.
I will make you a great nation;
I will bless you
And make your name great;
And you shall be a blessing.
I will bless those who bless you,
And I will curse him who curses you;
And in you all the families of the earth
shall be blessed. (Genesis 12:1-3)
A wise man once said: "Hey all you unbelievers out there...the Bible said there'd be a target on...Brazil? Jamaica? No. On Jerusalem. In the last days there will be a target on the city of Jerusalem and not one nation in the whole earth will help them. For some reason their ally, the United States either won't or can't help them. Does this sound familiar to you? Open your eyes. Open your Bible. Open your heart. It's time to believe." --Pastor Jack Hibbs, CCCH
- CNN: Embassies all over the world on high alert in the wake of attacks on Libya, Egypt, Yemen, Tunisia and Morocco; two U.S. warships deployed to the area as violent new protests erupt throughout the region.
- NBC News.com: IEAE official: While sanctions cause Iranian oil revenue to decline, there's been a simultaneous and dramatic increase in the number of centrifuges installed; asked to estimate the chances that sanctions will lead to Iran ending its uranium program, the (IEAE) official replied, "Zero."
- DEBKA File: In three weeks, Iran will have fissile fuel for its first nuclear bomb.
- Reuters: U.S. Navy successfully tests new anti-ballistic missile over the Pacific.
- NBC News: Tens of thousands of fish die in Lake Erie; lack of oxygen cited.
- MSN Money: Moody's set to downgrade U.S. debt rating if budget negotiations fail to stop the country from "going over the fiscal cliff".
- FNC: Congress considers 7-week recess in spite of "fiscal cliff" hanging over their heads.
- CNBC: Stock market rallies on new QE3 Fed stimulus plan; Fed to spend billions to boost economy.
- Fox News Channel: Reports of panic in GOP over polls that show Obama ahead; others say still a "statistical dead heat".