God is the ultimate Sovereign. He is in control. Does that mean the Christian has no obligation to be socially and politically involved?
We don't think so.
Statistically, only about one out of every four evangelical Christian votes, even though it is God who has established government and tells us to pray for "all who are in authority that we may live a quiet and peaceable life"
(1 Timothy 2:2). According to the Family Research Council: "Never before in the history of the United States has our nation faced so many threats to the institutions of faith, family and freedom that compose the heart of society."
The Bible tells us to be "salt and light" (Matthew 5:13-16).
The Leftist Agenda?
- National imposition of same-sex "marriage"
- Imposition of national health care that would include anti-Christian mandates
- Cementing of a secular-socialist style of government that would replace freedom and biblical values with government dependency.
- protect the helpless
- spread the Gospel
- stand up for Israel
A wise man once said: "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Sir Edmund Burke
Two Thumbs Up: Went to see 2016: Obama's America, a documentary based on conservative author Dinesh D'Souza's book The Roots of Obama's Rage.
Far from a hit piece, the film documents President Obama's past and illuminates what motivates him using Obama's own biography Dreams From My Father. It is eye-opening and compelling. A must-see for anyone mystified by the actions taken by our President. Suddenly, everything he's doing makes sense, from the 16-trillion dollar debt to the global "apology tour." Sobering, chilling and oddly humanizing, we highly recommend this film for anyone hoping to make an informed choice this November.
"I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. As you make your requests, plead for God's mercy upon them, and give thanks. Pray this way for kings and all others who are in authority, so that we can live in peace and quietness, in godliness and dignity. This is good and pleases God our Savior, for He wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth" (1 Timothy 2:1-4).
Special event: Calvary Chapel Chino Hills will present a free viewing of 2016: Obama's America featuring a live appearance of Dinesh D'Souza for a Q&A after the film.
- Admission: one canned good for the church's Alms Ministry
- Date: Sunday, October 7, 2012
- Time: 6:00 p.m.
- Place: Calvary Chapel Chino Hills
- website: www.calvarycch.org
- NBC: Investment expert Jim Rogers on European version of QE3: "It affords the Western world unanimity towards mutual destruction. Any relief will be temporary. We're all going to pay a horrible price for this in a year or two or three."
- Newsmax: Former 4-Star General Wesley Clark: "Israel will not bomb Iran because sanctions will be enough to contain Iran's nuclear ambitions."
- Fox News Channel: Iran fires 4 missiles in the Strait of Hormuz during American war games.
- Reuters: Greek police clash with rioters as general strike rally turns violent.
- CNBC: "A-pork-alypse Now?" Drought related bacon shortage expected to hit globally next year.