According to DEBKAfiles, an Iranian war has now become inevitable.
Because the international community fiddled while Iran’s nuclear bomb program went into overdrive.
Sanctions and diplomacy gave Iran the gift of time to:
• Fortify its nuclear facilities against bombardment
• Raise its level of uranium enrichment
• Develop dirty bombs to use in terror attacks abroad
On July 27th, Iran Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei called a war council. Summoning top Iranian military chiefs, along with the commanders of the Air Force, Navy and ground forces, the Ayatollah announced, “We’ll be at war within weeks.” After each Iranian military branch reported on its readiness, Khamenei ordered a massive fortification project with the goal of saving its nuclear program. Meanwhile, the U.S. Air Force unveiled its new bunker-buster which tips the scales at 30,000 pounds and is able to penetrate 60 feet of reinforced concrete.
Maybe they should have kept that news to themselves; the Iranians are now busy making sure key nuclear installations are beyond the reach of even the mightiest of American super-weapons.
DEBKAfiles, a proven and reliable source of intelligence, also revealed that Iran plans to answer any U.S./Israeli pre-emptive strike by raining ballistic missiles, Shehab-3’s, on Israel, Saudi Arabia and American Middle East and Gulf military installations. Help in the form of Hezbollah in Lebanon, Hamas and Jihad Islami in Gaza, will attack Israel from the north and southwest. Saudi oil terminals would be blown up and mines would be placed in the strategic oil corridor, the Strait of Hormuz.
When does Khamenei see all this coming down?
September or October.
Of course that doesn’t mean he’s right—Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu insists no decision on attacking Iran has been made.
A wise man once said: "To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven...A time to kill, and a time to heal, a time to break down, and a time to build up...A time to Love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace." (Ecclesiastes 3:1,3,8)
- Jerusalem Post: Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak: "The latest U.S. estimate gives much more urgency to stopping Iranian nuclear proliferation."
- Drudge Report: Hezbollah MP: "Iran's nuclear program is designed to finish off Israel."
- Reuters: Obama's lead over Romney grows despite voters' pessimism
- ABC News: Extreme heat causes power outages; residents urged to reduce energy use.
- USA Today: Drought worsens in key farm states contributing to a surge in global food prices