Monday, March 16, 2020

"Panicapocalyspe"

"The coronavirus risks bringing out the worst in humanity," according to CNN, after reporting on a violent toilet paper incident.

In fact, tales of unruly and even brawling panic hoarders (or "zombie peasants" as ZeroHedge likes to call them) have both shocked and awed us, as middle and low-income people scramble after too few goods.

But according to Bloomberg, the rich are beginning to express their anxiety in an even more dangerous way--quietly removing their cash from the bank. If enough people do this, it won't end well.

From toilet paper frenzies to bank runs, the reason is the same: panic over a situation none of us can control.

Is it okay to be concerned? Yes. We should be very concerned and very careful to follow the advice of the experts. But panicked? No.

According to the 16th century theologian Martin Luther, during the bubonic plague:
"You ought to think this way, very well by God's decree, the enemy has sent us poison and deadly offal. Therefore, I shall ask God mercifully to protect us. Then I shall fumigate, help purify the air, administer medicine, and take it. I shall avoid places and persons where my presence is not needed in order not to become contaminated and thus perchance infect and pollute others, and so cause their death as a result of my negligence. If God should wish to take me, He will surely find me and I have done what He has expected of me and so I am not responsible for either my own death or the death of others. If my neighbor needs me, however, I shall not avoid person or place, but will go freely."
Practical advice from a man of God. Let's follow it.

A wise man once said: "In the absence of a vaccine, social distancing is the best tool we have." -- Dr. Barbara Ferrer, Department of Public Health

👉👉👉HOW TO GO TO HEAVEN

Jesus said, "Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in Me"  --   John 14:1.

News:

  • CBS: 'Community Transmission' linked to 41 new coronavirus cases in LA county in the last 48 hours
  • The Washington Post: Trump says outbreak could last months and gatherings should be limited to only 10 people
  • CNBC: Dow dives 3,000 points in worst day since 1987.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know what you think...