That's right, Uncle Sam may actually be watching you right now and you'd never even know it.
Apparently, law enforcement, the FBI, and other government officials are able to activate our web cams remotely without the little red light coming on.
Oh, and your speakers? Let's just say don't say anything you don't want broadcast (literally) into the ears of you-know-who.
Ms. Payton says, "...having this access is really a double-edged sword. You want the law enforcement, FBI, and others, to have all the tools in their toolkit to stop an attack. But on the other side, you could be looking at compromising the privacy of Americans."
To avoid being watched or recorded against your will, Payton advises we:
- turn off our connection
- keep computers and other devices (smart phones!) out of personal spaces (bedrooms and bathrooms!)
- place masking tape over web cam and speakers to block the video and muffle the audio
Marcus Thomas, a former Assistant Director of the FBI, said,
"The FBI has been able to covertly activate a computer's camera without triggering the indicator light, for several years, and has used that technique mainly in terrorism cases or the most serious criminal investigations."Mainly?
Anyone remember all those documents leaked by Edward Snowden that revealed the NSA was collecting data on virtually every American? Just sayin'...
A wise man once said: "Relying on the government to protect your privacy is like asking a Peeping Tom to install your window blinds." John Perry Barlow, lyricist
"A talebearer reveals secrets; but he that is of a faithful spirit conceals a matter." Proverbs 11:13
- Infowars: CIA Turned Samsung SMART TVs Into Listening Devices, Wikileaks Dump Reveals; "Weeping Angel" malware activates microphone while TV appears off.
- The Sun: KOREA SUICIDE: Donald Trump set to send B-52 NUCLEAR BOMBERS to South Korea after North fires missiles at Japan and warns of 'overwhelming' response.
- Jewish Press.com: Iran Successfully Test-Fires Hormuz-2 Ballistic Missile