If you guessed the Iranian Nuclear Deal unraveling, the Russian sabre-rattling, the transgender bathroom controversy, or even the current Presidential election...
No cigar for you!
The bombshell "threatening to blow the lid off Congress", according to Fox News.com is an 84-page "Confession" penned by a Washington insider.
In his yet-to-be-published book, "The Confessions of Congressman X: A disturbing and shockingly frank tell-all of vanity, greed and deceit" (available May 24th), the anonymous author apparently confirms the American people's worst suspicions:
- "Most of my colleagues are dishonest career politicians who revel in power and special interest money that's lavished upon them."
- "My main job is to keep my job, to get re-elected. It takes precedence over everything."
- "Fundraising is so time consuming. I seldom read any bills I vote on."
- "Voters are incredibly ignorant and know little about our form of government and how it works."
- "It's far easier than you think to manipulate a nation of naive, self-absorbed sheep who crave instant gratification."
These are only a few of the revelations of Congressman X and while it ought to motivate us to grab our pitchforks and torches...it probably won't (review final bullet-point above).
Let's hope it at least gets us motivated to annihilate them all at the ballot box.
A wise man once said: "I weep for the liberty of my country when I see at this early day of its successful experiment that corruption has been imputed to many members of the House of Representatives and the rights of the people have been bartered for promises of office." -- President Andrew Jackson
"Their end is destruction, their god is their belly, and their glory is their shame. Their minds are set on earthly things. But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for Him to return as our Savior" -- Philippians 3:19-20.News:
- Reuters: U.S. Republican Lawmakers Vote Down LGBT Measure Amid Shouts of "Shame, Shame, Shame" By Democrats; Down vote necessary to protect religious rights, say Republicans
- Catholic News Agency: God "Eroded, Eclipsed, Liquidated, in the name of tolerance," says Cardinal at National Catholic Prayer Breakfast in Washington D.C.
- WND: Security Heightened After Egypt Air Flight vanishes, terrorism suspected