Almost all institutions from the presidency to organized religion have poll numbers at all-time lows.
That's right, people, Americans have got their "worry" on.
According to the latest Gallup Poll:
"Americans' confidence in most major U.S. institutions remains below the historical average for each one." (Excluding the military).Why are we feeling so insecure?
- a major recession/sluggish economic improvement
- partisan gridlock in Washington
- a skeptical view of the mainstream media
- distrust of government
And last, but most importantly:
- loss of our biblical worldview
"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great."Alexis de Tacqueville was on to something. As this nation drifts further and further away from its biblical mores, it ceases to be good...
A wise man once said: "Self-centered indulgence, pride and a lack of shame over sin are now emblems of the American lifestyle." --Billy Graham
"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need" --Matthew 6:33.News:
- CBS-Sacramento: California Water Cuts Leave City Days Away From Running Out of Water; upscale community of Mountain House is one of 114 to receive curtailment notice from the state.
- Yahoo!News: 'Foreign Shocks' could harm U.S. financial stability, warns U.S. Treasury Secretary. Greek debt crisis cited.
- The Guardian: Bank of Greece Warns of 'Uncontrollable Crisis'; panicked Greeks stashing cash at home.