And NATO isn't going to take it laying down.
Lithuania will increase defense spending and implement a military draft, while the European Parliament member Beatrix Von Storch believes "we are very close to the collapse of the post-Cold War order."
Next month, NATO forces from nations across Europe will participate in a grand-scale military training exercise. Baltic States Buckling Down For Russian Action
"President Putin is using the threat of a nuclear showdown over the Baltic states to force NATO to back away from Russia's borders," say intelligence figures from Moscow and Washington. Putin Threat of Nuclear Showdown over Baltics
Putin: "Try to take Crimea away and there'll be nuclear war."
"The Ukraine crisis has brought the world closer to nuclear war than at any point for a generation," says The Times, Europe.
And that ain't all, folks:
- Russia has also been flying military aircraft aggressively around American airspace, buzzing both Alaska and the California coast.
- NATO scrambled allied jets to monitor Russian warplanes over Europe more than 100 times last year.
- Russia has begun building four nuclear subs for the first time in decades.
According to the Bible, Russia, Iran and an alliance of several Muslim countries will eventually attack Israel. (see Ezekiel 38 & 39)
With the collapse of the Soviet Union after the Cold War, skeptics pointed to this passage in Ezekiel to "prove" how unreliable Bible prophecy was. And granted, it did seem unlikely that Russia would ever recover enough to pose a threat to anybody.
However, recent events indicate the Russian bear is alive and well...and apparently on the prowl and growling once again.
As the Scriptures say about God, "You will be proved right in what You say..." (Romans 3:4)
A wise man once said:
"Russia is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma." -- Sir Winston Churchill
"I am God, and there is no one else like Me. Only I can tell you what is going to happen even before it happens. Everything I plan will come to pass...(Isaiah 46:9-10).News:
- CNN: Russians Hack White House Computer Network despite efforts to lock them out.
- Canada Free Press: World Prepares for Russian Aggression as Europe realizes they may have to fight being a target
- Yahoo!News: U.S. Aerospace Command moving communications gear back to Cold War bunker in case of electro-magnetic pulse (EMP) attack.