You guessed it--nothing good.
"From manufacturing an oil crisis to Iran's nuclear aspirations and lone wolf attacks, jihadists will be looking to exploit our weaknesses."
According to Mauro, often touted as one of the brightest analysts of our time, "The West will have to contend with two lessons it taught adversaries in 2014"
- The US negotiates with terrorists
- The US government/private sector will cave to threats
Mauro calls this: "The Bergdahl-Sony Effect"
Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl was the US soldier swapped in exchanged for five high-level Taliban terrorists--a lousy deal any way you slice it. Bergdahl was a deserter and the US broke (for the very 1st time) a cardinal rule: Never negotiate with terrorists.
Mauro says, "Hollywood reinforced the dangerous appeasement when movie theaters caved to threats from hackers linked to North Korea..." Though Sony Pictures later released the film, "The Interview", the damage was already done.
"In 2015, the West's enemies will be implementing these lessons," Mauro contends.
In addition to appeasement, what has Mauro determined to be our top threats in 2015?
- Iran nukes--"The Iranian regime is using negotiations as part of a long-term strategy to develop nuclear weapons capabilities. In 2015, the West may miss the opportunity to stop them."
- War--"In 2015, the low price of oil will maximize the incentives for Iran and other hostile governments to instigate conflict." Why? In order to save their oil-dependent economies.
- Terrorists will regain safe havens--"The Islamic State terror group has expanded from Iraq and Syria into Libya, Algeria, Egypt, Yemen, and Saudi Arabia." Once US forces depart Afghanistan, we can expect them to expand there as well.
- Homegrown Terror--"The unfortunate reality is that a homegrown terror attack on US soil is all but certain in 2015. The Islamic State has inspired a new generation of homegrown terrorists and a study found that the number of jihadists has doubled since 2010. The number of attacks has tripled."
"Based on these trends," Mauro concludes, "it is safe to say that Islamic terrorism will dominate the headlines throughout 2015 as it did for most of 2014."
A wise man once said: "Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. Is is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved." -- William Jennings Bryan, US Secretary of State (1913-1915)
"Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails."--(Proverbs 19:21)
- Y Net News.com: 2014 Record-breaking Year for Jewish Immigration to Israel With 32% Increase
- Watchdog.org: US state, local governments face massive, growing budget gaps in 2015; could mean higher taxes
- Sputnik International News: Islamic State to Systematically Target Europe in 2015--Predicts Mid-East Expert Jean-Michael Vernochet.