The common thread? Extremes.
- Extreme financial woes
- Extreme weather (climate change)
- Extreme (and ever-vague) earth changes.
Looking for a rogue comet? asteroid? planet? or wave? Doomsday enthusiasts are crawling with 'em.
And here's a new one: "The Chaos Cloud" (the what?) scheduled to wipe us out on June 1st @ precisely 9:15 a.m. EST.
Google, and you'll find page after page of relentless, mind-numbing doom and gloom slated for this coming year.
Let's face it gang, for many 2014 is just one great big disaster waiting to happen. As one particularly dire YouTube video put it:
"2014 is where we'll be left to eat anything or anyone in our path."(oh, sure, it's all fun and games until somebody gets eaten!)
So how do we separate fact from fiction?
- nix the Magic 8 balls
- stop lookin' for truth in all the wrong places
- understand the 100% accuracy rate of Bible prophecy
From Genesis to Revelation, the Bible is woven with predictions. In fact, more than 1/4 of the Bible is prophecy. Most of them (roughly 80%) have already been fulfilled exactly as prophesied.
These fulfilled prophecies told the story of God's Chosen People and their Messiah before it happened.
How better to prove God's existence and power over world events than to tell history in advance?
The rest of the prophetic scriptures zero in on...you guessed it: the end times.
As current events line up with uncanny precision exactly as the Bible predicts, it actually takes more faith not to believe.
Bible prophecy is the vehicle God chose to authenticate His message.
And what is His message, you ask?
That He gave His Son (His only Son whom He loved), so that whosoever believed in Him could have everlasting life together with Him in heaven. (John 3:16)
Because...as a wise man once said:
"Eternal existence belongs to everyone. The only question is location, location, location." --Amir Tsarfati, Bible teacher
- Fox News Channel: U.S. braces for 1 trillion in new taxes due to the implementations of Obamacare.
- Debkafile: A new peace treaty is in the works between Israel and the Palestinians as Secretary John Kerry visits Mideast.
- World Net Daily: Former Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, in a coma for 8 years, may be pulled from life support, as all treatment options are exhausted.