- Does Israel have the ability to take out Iran's nuclear sites?
- Can Israel withstand a counterattack?
- Will the United States help?
- Have they exhausted all other possibilities?
And finally, there is Leon Panetta. For those unfamiliar with Panetta, he is the former CIA Director and current Secretary of Defense. Last week he said, "Israel will strike in April, May, or June."
Why would he announce something like that? Israeli's have a saying: "Those who know don't talk, and those who talk don't know." Wouldn't you think the element of surprise might be important in this situation? And shouldn't Leon Panetta, of all people, know that? The administration (White House) has been pressuring Israel not to consider striking. The fact that Panetta is talking openly suggest two possibilities. Either:
- They're worried and are preparing the nation/world for an impending attack.
- They're trying to circumvent the situation by making it impossible to accomplish.
Maybe it's time to tamp down the rhetoric. Everyone agrees a nuclear Iran is a perilous proposition. To continue to blab about it seem reckless and foolish. The danger of escalation could get out of control. No wonder Psalm 122:6 says, "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem."
Words to the Wise: Trying to understand the Bible without the Holy Spirit is like trying to watch a 3-D movie without wearing the glasses. "But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age (Satan) has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them" (2 Corinthians 4:3-4).
- Russia, China veto U.N. resolution calling for Syrian president to step down amid massacre of Syrian citizens
- Egypt holds 19 Americans hostage; refuses negotiations
- Death toll rises as deadly riots in Egypt continue
- U.S. closes embassy in Syria; urges Americans to "Get out now."
- Hundreds dead after deep freeze settles over Europe
- One in five Americans now receive government assistance while only 50% pay income tax
- Demonstrations in Moscow protest Putin rule
- Iran ramps up military exercises in response to Israel
- Another Iranian nuclear scientist assassinated