Anyone who studies Bible prophecy knows the number '70' makes frequent appearances. According to the Nelson Study Bible, 70 years symbolizes a full measure of time, a life time, or a generation.
Next year the nation of Israel will be 70-years old. God's prophetic time-clock is linked to the rebirth of Israel (according to most Bible scholars) and that happened in 1948.
So what indications do we have of Christ's soon return that other generations lacked?
Before answering that question it is imperative that we understand a few things:
- God has a purpose for mankind
- History is not happenstance
- Prophecy reveals that plan in advance
- The nation of Israel was restored
- The transistor chip was invented
- The global economy was born with the creation of GATT (General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade) which was replaced by the World Trade Organization
- The seeds of a global government were planted with the creation of the United Nations
- The Treaty of Rome was signed which evolved into the European Union
- The World Council of Churches was formed which will eventually morph into a one world religion
- The predecessor of NATO, the Treaty of Brussels, was signed
Remember God has a purpose for everything that happens. History = His Story. He has a purpose and a plan for mankind and a purpose and a plan for us. Our job is to figure out what it is. The good news? Everything we need has already been complied for us in one big book, the Bible. All we have to do is look.
Oh, and guess what else was invented just before God hit the start button in 1948?
The famous Doomsday Clock! Introduced in June of 1947, it was set at SEVEN minutes til midnight.
So will 2018, the 70th anniversary of the rebirth of Israel be a prophetic year? Time will tell.
A wise man once said: "Some liberal theologians still insist that prophecy has no literal meaning for today and that it cannot be taken seriously. It is difficult to understand this view if one carefully weighs the case of Israel's rebirth as a nation." --Hal Lindsey, The Late, Great Planet Earth
"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12).News:
- Reuters: N.Korea warns of 'super-mighty preemptive strike'; N.Korea belligerent after failed missile test.
- USA Today: Fla. military unit watches for N.Korean nuclear tests using $3 billion surveillance network.
- NBC News: U.N. Security Council threatens N.Korea with new sanctions for its "highly destabilizing behavior"