What a joke! How can they have valid elections when the people are being butchered in the streets? A fair vote at this time is simply not possible. The country is in chaos and over 230,000 have fled. Ruling out (at least so far) any Libya-style military action, the West seems to be sucking its thumb while Rome burns (and innocent people are slaughtered).
Syria sits on the fault lines of the Middle East; What happens in Syria may not stay in Syria. Get it? Local conflict could easily explode into a regional crisis that spreads like wildfire into neighboring Lebanon, Iraq, Turkey, and Israel. Tensions are already high between:
- Arabs and Kurds
- Christians and Muslims
- Sunnis and Shi'ites
- Jews and the whole gang
It's time to pray for Syria. Innocent people are being killed and the world needs to stop pointing fingers and find a way to help.
1 Timothy 2: 1, 2 says: "I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone--for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness."
- Washington Free Beacon: Washington Post to publish propaganda for Communist Chinese Party
- Debka file: Israel gives Egypt and Hamas 2 days to halt missiles from Gaza
- Reuters.com: U.S., Britain set to agree on emergency oil reserves release
- Huffington Post: Texas loses $35 million in federal Medicaid funding for excluding Planned Parenthood
- Jerusalem Post: Hamas official holds talk with Iranian Foreign Minister in effort to improve relations
- CBN News: Saudi Grand Mufti: All Arabian Peninsula Christian churches "must be destroyed"